The Color War C-Role

C4Claymore

Not A Furry
Ex-Staff
Feb 1, 2019
A safe place
As there is no template for this thread I will try to make the model for anyone who wishes yet fears to post here...

As of recent events, some people in the discord have either made a remark of having their name a certain color (ex-staff when their name was Black,) or wish they could change it without donating to get it (Purple for Meme-Lord.) And those that just join the server might feel unwelcome with their lack of role color (Users with White.)

So I offer the idea for those to change their color with a simple reaction in #reaction-roles, from times browsing through smaller population servers that do this they usually have more active 1st-day joiners, raising the chances for them to stay and play on the server. With those claims, the addition to such roles a draw-back, and I will make no attempt to hide such errors with the system

1. If you wish to allow staff to be able to use the colors, that means they would have to be above the staff role. Meaning that if you have a color in order that the higher staff member chooses a low-rank color makes it possible for a t-mod to have the ability to kick them
(ex. order of roles, Red -> Blue -> Mod -> T-Mod A red t-mod can kick a blue mod because the red is above the blue, even if there are no staff-related perms, this does not mean that a member can kick a lower color staff though. a red member can't kick a blue mod)

A solution to this is to either make a display color for the staff (2 roles, one above without color and one below with color{without perms,} or make the role have no color by selecting the default white and have them above the colors so it shows through)

The best color choice without over cluttering with roles is
Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Purple
Pink

With the addition of these roles, you can also play games such as "The Best Color" where people have small battles over the best color and the winning color can move on, with addition to color channels where people can plot their plans to become the best color of them all, I would firmly support this change, and the actual integration if at all is up to those that are open to make the roles and implement them...

Thanks for reading my informative essay, have fun, stay colorful

|-NCBA-| Larry

100% Your Bitch
Developer
Super-Admin
Forums Supporter
Dec 3, 2017
This sparked an interesting idea for me.

OneLonelyDog

Not a furry
Forum Manager
Community Manager
Staff-Manager
Dec 3, 2017
It would be cool for users to do this, but I'd want staff to stay the same color.

Nexo

Uncle Papa
Ex-Staff
Dec 30, 2017
Illinois
Last edited:

The Swift Potato

Not a brony
Ex-Staff
Dec 4, 2017
Chugiak, AK
You guys are a bitch