Declined Tarto's staff application (fixed) (updated "playtime")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarto

Noob
Dec 6, 2018
-Information About You-

RED: Important
Blue: About me
Yellow: Good Vibes

What is your in-game name?: Tarto

Steam name: Tarto

SteamID (https://steamid.xyz): STEAM_0:1:176533509
URL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/RoldGold/

Your age: 14 turning 15 on the date of March 20th

What timezone are you located in? (HAST, AKST, PST, MST, CST, EST): EST (Eastern Standard Time)

How many warns do you have? If you have warnings, please list them. Include if any are currently active: I currently have 0 warning

Tell us about yourself! We want to get to know you; this is about you! [100 word minimum]: Hello, My name is Shawn, 14 and I am from Canada. My hobbies consist of playing hockey, GMOD, scootering and doing card tricks. I participate in hockey tournaments that most likely be out of my hometown, so when I have a tournament I, unfortunately, won't be on for a weekend or maybe even the week (I'll try my best to bring my computer with me but if I cannot bring it, I'll inform a higher ranked staff member that I will not be on for that week or weekend). I'm currently in Grade 9 and almost done my first semester (high school for Canadians and some other places worldwide). What I like to do in my spare time is hang out with friends and go to the mall, to chill at their places and game for the majority of my time being there.

What are your skills?: I'm the type of kid that likes to get things done fast and get I done right and go on to the next thing and get that thing done fast and get that do right. My skill could be useful when there are a lot of people requesting service from a staff member for whatever the reason may be.

What are your flaws?: My weakness is when I have multiple people yelling at me and I can't do anything about it. To counter this I would call fellow staff member and get them to stop yelling and start listening to what I have to say

Why should we chose you over any other player?: The reason why I think you should pick me over others is that I like to get down to business and no messing around when it comes down to a job that needs to be dealt with and handled appropriately. In conclusion, when a job needs to be done it will be done without fooling around.

-Information About Being Staff-

Have you ever been staff before?: No, other servers have certain age limits that I don't exceed to their standards

• If so, please list communities, ranks, durations, and reasons for leaving:
Please explain to us how you would handle a sit for RDM: What I would do is listen to both sides of the story and I'd check the person who RDM's time on the server and warns. If they don't have at least an hour played I'll give him a verbal warning. If keeps it up and keeps killing someone I'll warn him for RDM *# of times* and if he still keeps it up I'd ban him for 2 hours *RDM x# and Rule-breaking*. I'd say this would be pretty fair in my case of an RDM but if this doesn't satisfy you please explain how it actually should be handled.

How long have you been a part of this community? (!playtime in game, convert to hours): 35 hours I've been playing on this server

How much time could you dedicate each day to our server?: I would dedicate 2-8 hours of my time on this server but when it comes to family and hockey I'd choose that over a game because if I choose games over sports and family you probably won't see for a while

What would be your short-term and long-term goals as staff if we chose you to be staff on |-NCBA-|?: Short-term goals: is to be a well-trusted moderator for any types of sits and be trusted to left alone to handle some dirty work. Long-term goals: Is to a staff member on this server for a really long time like 1 year maybe but nothing is always perfect and cuts might have to be made in the staff team and I'll understand on why I am being kicked for the staff team

How well are you able to work with other players and staff members?: If you could do a scale on working with people it would be a solid 8/10. The reason being is sometimes I like to think I can handle some things and when people are saying "no you can not" can kinda irritate me so I'd tend to start to argue. Which can start problems that other will not like and I understand why It would

How would you deal with co-workers you don't like?: I'd politely tell them that I have this under control and you are more than well come to stay and watch on what I am doing but if they are annoying me to the point that I am starting to yell, I'll inform someone from the staff team have a talk with them and I'll state my reason being on why I dislike him and hopefully change my opinion on that person when he changes

- Other Information -
Info: This will not affect our decision to accept or decline your application.

What are some negative things you have seen on the server that you think should be changed?: The things that bug me the most are mic spammers. What you should add to the server is a '!playermute *time* reason*'. This option would make the life of the players and admins so much easier

What are some negative things you have seen about the staff team that you think should be changed?: There is nothing that I have seen. (You guys have trained them well)

How has your overall experience on the server been?: 8-10. I only say this is that people don't like to listen to the rules and think it's their world

Last edited:

JJD

Forums Manager /s
Forums Supporter
Ex-Staff
Dec 1, 2018
San Diego
Color looks nice, but deleting your application does not. For whatever reason it may be, you really shouldn’t delete and reupload your application, it makes you look impatient (You can edit it for a reason). Second, as I said in your first post, there is very little detail on the questions. Staff applications should be taken like job applications. That being said, how is yours going to compete against someone else’s? Third: Please concert your playtime to HOURS. It does say to convert it and you left it in minute form (you did this in your previous application as well which just means you aren’t reviewing your app after you are done).
EDIT: Thanks you for going back and fixing some of the details I pointed out. I still haven’t seen you on the server, but you show some dedication.)
NEUTRAL.

Last edited:

Archangel Uriel

Ex-Assistant Staff Manager
Jun 29, 2018
You need to make the full 100 word requirement and also you can edit your applications me or lonely aren’t going to get on your ass about it.(currently on mobile) add some more detail and also go over 100 words please or you’ll be denied.

Tarto

Noob
Dec 6, 2018
You need to make the full 100 word requirement and also you can edit your applications me or lonely aren’t going to get on your ass about it.(currently on mobile) add some more detail and also go over 100 words please or you’ll be denied.

I understand

Tarto

Noob
Dec 6, 2018
Color looks nice, but deleting your application does not. For whatever reason it may be, you really shouldn’t delete and reupload your application, it makes you look impatient (You can edit it for a reason). Second, as I said in your first post, there is very little detail on the questions. Staff applications should be taken like job applications. That being said, how is yours going to compete against someone else’s? Third: Please concert your playtime to HOURS. It does say to convert it and you left it in minute form (you did this in your previous application as well which just means you aren’t reviewing your app after you are done).
Until you can impress me;

This one I tried my best and yes i do know I deleted the other one, I did that because I didn't see the edit button when I went to make a new one

Tarto

Noob
Dec 6, 2018
EDIT: Thanks you for going back and fixing some of the details I pointed out. I still haven’t seen you on the server, but you show some dedication.)
NEUTRAL.
Im actually on now you should pop by and say hi

Astrosun

EternalSleep
Ex-Staff
Nov 12, 2018
+1
Even though your application isn't the best, I believe you have potential. Don't prove me wrong.

Astrosun

EternalSleep
Ex-Staff
Nov 12, 2018

Clem

Community Outcast
Ex-Staff
Aug 7, 2018
Oakdale
steamcommunity.com
Neutral
I have no opinion on you or your application.

Matt.wk

Αdmin
Ex-Staff
Apr 7, 2018
nyc

The about you section is barely about yourself, we wanna know about YOU, talk about YOU
You say your skill is doing things fast and right, but this application looks so rushed, has many color errors (not coloring many things), grammar errors.

You don't really have much support or a name for yourself here

Tarto

Noob
Dec 6, 2018

The about you section is barely about yourself, we wanna know about YOU, talk about YOU
You say your skill is doing things fast and right, but this application looks so rushed, has many color errors (not coloring many things), grammar errors.

You don't really have much support or a name for yourself here
Alright thanks for letting me know, I'll make sure there are no grammar errors (I use Grammarly to help me with that), also I'll add a bit more detail to the 'About me' just for you

Reactions: Matt.wk

Baxtin

Noob
Nov 24, 2018
Neutral
On the how would you deal with co-workers you don't like, you didn't finish the sentence.
Haven't seen you on the server or Discord, so I'm not sure how you act.

You should talk to an admin about that warn if it was an accident.

Last edited:

Tarto

Noob
Dec 6, 2018
-Information About You-

(Whatever is in colour is important)

What is your in-game name?: Tarto

Steam name: Tarto

SteamID (https://steamid.xyz): STEAM_0:1:176533509
URL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/RoldGold/

Your age: 14

What timezone are you located in? (HAST, AKST, PST, MST, CST, EST): EST (Eastern Standard Time)

How many warns do you have? If you have warnings, please list them. Include if any are currently active: I currently have 1 warning (My friend got me a false warning on me cause he's stupid and the admin wouldn't listen to me but I'm not mad about it)

Tell us about yourself! We want to get to know you; this is about you! [100 word minimum]: Hello, My name is Shawn and I am from Canada. My hobbies consist of playing hockey, GMOD and scootering. I participate in hockey tournaments that most likely be out of my hometown, so when I have one I won't be on (I'd message a staff member to inform I can't get on). I'm currently in Grade 9 (high school for Canadians and some other places worldwide). What I like to do in my spare time is hang out with friends and go to the mall, to chill at their places and game for the majority of my time being there

What are your skills?: I'm the type of kid that likes to get things done fast and get I done right and go on to the next thing and get that thing done fast and get that do right. My skill could be useful when there are a lot of people requesting service from a staff member for whatever the reason may be.

What are your flaws?: My weakness is when I have multiple people yelling at me and I can't do anything about it. To counter this I would call fellow staff member and get them to stop yelling and start listening to what I have to say

Why should we chose you over any other player?: The reason why I think you should pick me over others is that I like to get down to business and no messing around when it comes down to a job that needs to be dealt with and handled appropriately. In conclusion, when a job needs to be done it will be done without fooling around.

-Information About Being Staff-

Have you ever been staff before?: No, other servers have certain age limits that I don't exceed to their standards

• If so, please list communities, ranks, durations, and reasons for leaving:
Please explain to us how you would handle a sit for RDM: What I would do is listen to both sides of the story and I'd check the person who RDM's time on the server and warns. If they don't have at least an hour played I'll give him a verbal warning. If keeps it up and keeps killing someone I'll warn him for RDM *# of times* and if he still keeps it up I'd ban him for 2 hours *RDM x# and Rule-breaking*. I'd say this would be pretty fair in my case of an RDM but if this doesn't satisfy you please explain how it actually should be handled.

How long have you been a part of this community? (!playtime in game, convert to hours): 25 hours I've played on this server for

How much time could you dedicate each day to our server?: I would dedicate 2-8 hours of my time on this server but when it comes to family and hockey I'd choose that over a game because if I choose games over sports and family you probably won't see for a while

What would be your short-term and long-term goals as staff if we chose you to be staff on |-NCBA-|?: Short-term goals: is to be a well-trusted moderator for any types of sits and be trusted to left alone to handle some dirty work. Long-term goals: Is to a staff member on this server for a really long time like 1 year maybe but nothing is always perfect and cuts might have to be made in the staff team and I'll understand on why I am being kicked for the staff team

How well are you able to work with other players and staff members?: If you could do a scale on working with people it would be a solid 8/10. The reason being is sometimes I like to think I can handle some things and when people are saying "no you can not" can kinda irritate me so I'd tend to start to argue. Which can start problems that other will not like and I understand why It would

How would you deal with co-workers you don't like?: I'd politely tell them that I have this under control and you are more than well come to stay and watch on what I am doing but if they keep

- Other Information -
Info: This will not affect our decision to accept or decline your application.

What are some negative things you have seen on the server that you think should be changed?: The things that bug me the most are mic spammers. What you should add to the server is a '!playermute *time* reason*'. This option would make the life of the players and admins so much easier

What are some negative things you have seen about the staff team that you think should be changed?: There is nothing that I have seen.

How has your overall experience on the server been?: 8-10. I only say this is that people don't like to listen to the rules and think it's their world
Neutral
On the how would you deal with co-workers you don't like, you didn't finish the sentence.
Haven't seen you on the server or Discord, so I'm not sure how you act.

You should talk to an admin about that warn if it was an accident.

Oh really, my bad. I'll fix that issue in my application

Nexo

Uncle Papa
Ex-Staff
Dec 30, 2017
Illinois
Neutral
You're a really nice guy and I've had fun so far playing with you on the server. However, I would fix this application a little to make it seem more legit. Add some more details, maybe a little more color to help organize stuff on here, etc. You can even use other accepted staff apps to get inspired (Don't plagiarize!). Anyways, fix the stuff I just listed and I'll change my answer. Good luck!

Tarto

Noob
Dec 6, 2018
Neutral
You're a really nice guy and I've had fun so far playing with you on the server. However, I would fix this application a little to make it seem more legit. Add some more details, maybe a little more color to help organize stuff on here, etc. You can even use other accepted staff apps to get inspired (Don't plagiarize!). Anyways, fix the stuff I just listed and I'll change my answer. Good luck!
Thank you, my good man

OneLonelyDog

Not a furry
Forum Manager
Community Manager
Staff-Manager
Dec 3, 2017
Declined.

You may re-apply after 1 week.

Status
Not open for further replies.