Accepted Seongja

• Hello, Guest. At this time, we aren't accepting further staff applications. Current applications will be put on hold until we open applications again.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seongja

Normie
Aug 2, 2018
-Information About You-

What is your in-game name?: The in-game name that I go by is Seongja, although the pronunciation may confuse few I can go by "Seon". Seongja is actually a Korean slang term that means "Saint" and I feel like it was a good fit and stuck by it.

Steam name: issac486

SteamID (http://www.steamidfinder.com): STEAM_1:1:64585283

Your age: 17, fun fact I was born in July woohoo!

What timezone are you located in? (HAST, AKST, PST, MST, CST, EST): My time zone is CST.

How many warns do you have? If you have warnings, please list them. Include if any are currently active: Sadly enough I believe I have two warnings in my play time on the server. Realistically the warns were administered and I was the bigger man to take them kindly. I understand that the action that was believed to go down was wrong and it was "RDM" by a complaint from someone who didn't roleplay properly.

Tell us about yourself! We want to get to know you; this is about you! [100-word minimum]: Hello there! I'm known as Seongja, I have a big thing for trying to keep an environmentally friendly and fun place to be to roleplay. I have been involved in computer science as well as general business in college and it's something I am very proud of even to this day. Not only am I working towards those degrees I am heavily involved in sports as well. Ever since I was a young boy I have been a multi-sport athlete, I've played just about every sport except cricket. I am a very active person not just online but in real life as well, I do community service just about every day and I still manage to get things done in my personal life. I've been a gamer ever since I remember, just like how I started sports it was very young. My first video game was Super Mario for the N64 and it was the first ever game that I had beaten. I feel like most of the things about me would revolve around games and sports so I'd cut this short and let you all know that I am a very hard worker. Being a hard worker is something that makes me better myself and those around me.

What are your skills?: Reasoning, hard worker, open-minded, optimistic, time management, and being a leader.

What are your flaws?: Bipolar, honesty, and schedule.

Why should we chose you over any other player?: I feel like I should be chosen over the other players because I simply want to work for this server and for this group. I want to have something to look forward to and being looked up to as I try and make the server a better place. Working hard is something I enjoy doing and I am willing to put in the game time and hours needed in order to make this server playable and fun. Overall I believe that I out of all people have a great work ethic and it will bring my attitude towards working in this group skyrocketing.

-Information About Being Staff-

Have you ever been staff before?: Yes
  • If so, please list communities, ranks, durations, and reasons for leaving: Often I work on small severs. The biggest server I worked on was 173rd Airborne on Arma 3, I was a moderator for the training, I was there about a few weeks, the reason for leaving was simply the server was dying and the need for moderators decreased. Another server I am proud to be working on is Nerd Mantle and it is a reddit/ discord server. The organization Nerd Mantle I had the position of Head-moderator for the community, I have been a moderator for at least 4 months, and I had left simply just to step down. I have also been in a DarkRP server as a trial mod for a few days, I do not remember the community name, but the reason for leaving was they didn't need me anymore.
Please explain to us how you would handle a sit for RDM: It all depends on the context of the situation. In case of a simple one person RDM I would check the playtime of the player who committed the RDM. If the player had a time under 600 minutes I would simply ask them if they understood RDM, if they do not I would just tell them how it works on the server and issue a warning for their lack of knowledge. If the player understood RDM and did it completely on purpose with proper time, I would bring up the problem to the player and issue a warning to them. In the case of a mass RDM though the same follows for the player unknowing of the situation (according to Larry's ban guide it does result in a one day ban) so in extreme cases, it would still be a one day ban. Although, if the player knew and did it on complete purpose just for "fun" then it would result in a one day ban with an explanation of why it had to lead to that.

How long have you been a part of this community? (!playtime in game, convert to hours): My current playtime is 1132 minutes which roughly estimates to 18.87 hours. I feel like the whole playtime that I have could be a misunderstanding of my extensive knowledge over the rulebook and to how darkRP works. (Current playtime as of August 10th, 2018 is 3191 minutes = 53.2 hours)

How much time could you dedicate each day to our server?: Each day I could dedicate at least 5-6 hours of gameplay to ensuring the fun RP aura.

What would be your short-term and long-term goals as staff if we chose you to be staff on |-NCBA-|?: My short-term goal would be to be able and meet everyone that is a regular and be friends with them(which I have already done almost!). A long-term goal of mine would be continuously work on the server for however long I can and keep the great community content to the players.

How well are you able to work with other players and staff members?: I would like to say very well. As stated in my skills I am very open minded and I love listening out to anyone trying to speak. Working as a team is what gets the job done and it's something that I plan on doing heavily if I am put in the position of staff.

How would you deal with co-workers you don't like?: In any scenario that I work with someone that I "do not like" which is unlikely. I would attempt to at least reason with them and if the issue persists I would try my hardest to keep the whole ordeal business professional. Personal life shouldn't interfere with work life.

- Other Information -
Info: This will not affect our decision to accept or decline your application.

What are some negative things you have seen on the server that you think should be changed?: Overall I believe it is a great server and not too many things need to be changed. I think just some rules are a little flawed and loopholed, other than that everything is dandy!

What are some negative things you have seen about the staff team that you think should be changed?: Sometimes the Staff openly admits to being annoyed and it's understandable but again in a professional setting, everything should be handled accordingly. There shouldn't be any other issues other than that which I have noticed the Staff is pretty great overall.

How has your overall experience on the server been?: It's a great server as previously stated. I enjoy playing on it especially with the community because it just has a comfy environment which I can properly roleplay in. The rulebook is pretty understanding and the ability to event is easier. I appreciate all the server has done for me even if I had only been playing for this short amount of time.

Last edited:

BradfordOfMars

Big Bad Brad
Mar 7, 2018
the ATL
Very nice application. I’d like to see you change your long-term goal to something that is more staff-related though. Accumulating playtime is certainly a respectable goal, but it doesn’t tell us much about your aspirations as a staff member since it’s very general and could apply to nearly anyone.

Reactions: Seongja

Seongja

Normie
Aug 2, 2018
Very nice application. I’d like to see you change your long-term goal to something that is more staff-related though. Accumulating playtime is certainly a respectable goal, but it doesn’t tell us much about your aspirations as a staff member since it’s very general and could apply to nearly anyone.
I fixed it, thank you for pointing out the change!

MidnightStrafe

Midnight
Ex-Staff
Dec 17, 2017
+1
Nice person in-game
No Problems with him
Application is nice and detailed most i'v seen in a while
Time was spent well in the application
Only has 2 warns which isn't that bad

Seongja

Normie
Aug 2, 2018
+1
Nice person in-game
No Problems with him
Application is nice and detailed most i'v seen in a while
Time was spent well in the application
Only has 2 warns which isn't that bad
I feel like the warning part was going to be my fall. Thank you for the thoughts.

Frostydayo

Kin Jong Un
Jan 13, 2018
+1

I need more t-mod children
The application seems well thought out
2 warns for almost 24 hours isn't bad.
(Like midnight said)

Seongja

Normie
Aug 2, 2018
+1

I need more t-mod children
The application seems well thought out
2 warns for almost 24 hours isn't bad.
(Like midnight said)
Thank you! The warning thing like previously said I thought it was horrible but I definitely learned the lesson. Again I appreciate it.

Chef Homo

Baker Homosexual
Ex-Staff
Feb 16, 2018
Northeast Texas, United States
+1

• App is decent
  • Pretty chill guy
  • You've responded well to the little criticism you received.
I look forward to working with you.

Good luck.

DJ Potatoes

Normie
Jun 17, 2018
+1
Great player on server tends to follow rules to a T and I would love to see him staff

Nexo

Uncle Papa
Ex-Staff
Dec 30, 2017
Illinois
+1
Everyone else above said everything for me. This is a very good application, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.