Accepted Seongja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seongja

Normie
Aug 2, 2018
-Information About You-

What is your in-game name?: The in-game name that I go by is Seongja, although the pronunciation may confuse few I can go by "Seon". Seongja is actually a Korean slang term that means "Saint" and I feel like it was a good fit and stuck by it.

Steam name: issac486

SteamID (http://www.steamidfinder.com): STEAM_1:1:64585283

Your age: 17, fun fact I was born in July woohoo!

What timezone are you located in? (HAST, AKST, PST, MST, CST, EST): My time zone is CST.

How many warns do you have? If you have warnings, please list them. Include if any are currently active: Sadly enough I believe I have two warnings in my play time on the server. Realistically the warns were administered and I was the bigger man to take them kindly. I understand that the action that was believed to go down was wrong and it was "RDM" by a complaint from someone who didn't roleplay properly.

Tell us about yourself! We want to get to know you; this is about you! [100-word minimum]: Hello there! I'm known as Seongja, I have a big thing for trying to keep an environmentally friendly and fun place to be to roleplay. I have been involved in computer science as well as general business in college and it's something I am very proud of even to this day. Not only am I working towards those degrees I am heavily involved in sports as well. Ever since I was a young boy I have been a multi-sport athlete, I've played just about every sport except cricket. I am a very active person not just online but in real life as well, I do community service just about every day and I still manage to get things done in my personal life. I've been a gamer ever since I remember, just like how I started sports it was very young. My first video game was Super Mario for the N64 and it was the first ever game that I had beaten. I feel like most of the things about me would revolve around games and sports so I'd cut this short and let you all know that I am a very hard worker. Being a hard worker is something that makes me better myself and those around me.

What are your skills?: Reasoning, hard worker, open-minded, optimistic, time management, and being a leader.

What are your flaws?: Bipolar, honesty, and schedule.

Why should we chose you over any other player?: I feel like I should be chosen over the other players because I simply want to work for this server and for this group. I want to have something to look forward to and being looked up to as I try and make the server a better place. Working hard is something I enjoy doing and I am willing to put in the game time and hours needed in order to make this server playable and fun. Overall I believe that I out of all people have a great work ethic and it will bring my attitude towards working in this group skyrocketing.

-Information About Being Staff-

Have you ever been staff before?: Yes
  • If so, please list communities, ranks, durations, and reasons for leaving: Often I work on small severs. The biggest server I worked on was 173rd Airborne on Arma 3, I was a moderator for the training, I was there about a few weeks, the reason for leaving was simply the server was dying and the need for moderators decreased. Another server I am proud to be working on is Nerd Mantle and it is a reddit/ discord server. The organization Nerd Mantle I had the position of Head-moderator for the community, I have been a moderator for at least 4 months, and I had left simply just to step down. I have also been in a DarkRP server as a trial mod for a few days, I do not remember the community name, but the reason for leaving was they didn't need me anymore.
Please explain to us how you would handle a sit for RDM: It all depends on the context of the situation. In case of a simple one person RDM I would check the playtime of the player who committed the RDM. If the player had a time under 600 minutes I would simply ask them if they understood RDM, if they do not I would just tell them how it works on the server and issue a warning for their lack of knowledge. If the player understood RDM and did it completely on purpose with proper time, I would bring up the problem to the player and issue a warning to them. In the case of a mass RDM though the same follows for the player unknowing of the situation (according to Larry's ban guide it does result in a one day ban) so in extreme cases, it would still be a one day ban. Although, if the player knew and did it on complete purpose just for "fun" then it would result in a one day ban with an explanation of why it had to lead to that.

How long have you been a part of this community? (!playtime in game, convert to hours): My current playtime is 1132 minutes which roughly estimates to 18.87 hours. I feel like the whole playtime that I have could be a misunderstanding of my extensive knowledge over the rulebook and to how darkRP works. (Current playtime as of August 10th, 2018 is 3191 minutes = 53.2 hours)

How much time could you dedicate each day to our server?: Each day I could dedicate at least 5-6 hours of gameplay to ensuring the fun RP aura.

What would be your short-term and long-term goals as staff if we chose you to be staff on |-NCBA-|?: My short-term goal would be to be able and meet everyone that is a regular and be friends with them(which I have already done almost!). A long-term goal of mine would be continuously work on the server for however long I can and keep the great community content to the players.

How well are you able to work with other players and staff members?: I would like to say very well. As stated in my skills I am very open minded and I love listening out to anyone trying to speak. Working as a team is what gets the job done and it's something that I plan on doing heavily if I am put in the position of staff.

How would you deal with co-workers you don't like?: In any scenario that I work with someone that I "do not like" which is unlikely. I would attempt to at least reason with them and if the issue persists I would try my hardest to keep the whole ordeal business professional. Personal life shouldn't interfere with work life.

- Other Information -
Info: This will not affect our decision to accept or decline your application.

What are some negative things you have seen on the server that you think should be changed?: Overall I believe it is a great server and not too many things need to be changed. I think just some rules are a little flawed and loopholed, other than that everything is dandy!

What are some negative things you have seen about the staff team that you think should be changed?: Sometimes the Staff openly admits to being annoyed and it's understandable but again in a professional setting, everything should be handled accordingly. There shouldn't be any other issues other than that which I have noticed the Staff is pretty great overall.

How has your overall experience on the server been?: It's a great server as previously stated. I enjoy playing on it especially with the community because it just has a comfy environment which I can properly roleplay in. The rulebook is pretty understanding and the ability to event is easier. I appreciate all the server has done for me even if I had only been playing for this short amount of time.

Last edited:

BradfordOfMars

Big Bad Brad
Mar 7, 2018
the ATL
Very nice application. I’d like to see you change your long-term goal to something that is more staff-related though. Accumulating playtime is certainly a respectable goal, but it doesn’t tell us much about your aspirations as a staff member since it’s very general and could apply to nearly anyone.

Reactions: Seongja

Seongja

Normie
Aug 2, 2018
Very nice application. I’d like to see you change your long-term goal to something that is more staff-related though. Accumulating playtime is certainly a respectable goal, but it doesn’t tell us much about your aspirations as a staff member since it’s very general and could apply to nearly anyone.
I fixed it, thank you for pointing out the change!

MidnightStrafe

Midnight
Ex-Staff
Dec 17, 2017
+1
Nice person in-game
No Problems with him
Application is nice and detailed most i'v seen in a while
Time was spent well in the application
Only has 2 warns which isn't that bad

Seongja

Normie
Aug 2, 2018
+1
Nice person in-game
No Problems with him
Application is nice and detailed most i'v seen in a while
Time was spent well in the application
Only has 2 warns which isn't that bad
I feel like the warning part was going to be my fall. Thank you for the thoughts.

Frostydayo

Kin Jong Un
Jan 13, 2018
+1

I need more t-mod children
The application seems well thought out
2 warns for almost 24 hours isn't bad.
(Like midnight said)

Seongja

Normie
Aug 2, 2018
+1

I need more t-mod children
The application seems well thought out
2 warns for almost 24 hours isn't bad.
(Like midnight said)
Thank you! The warning thing like previously said I thought it was horrible but I definitely learned the lesson. Again I appreciate it.

Chef Homo

Baker Homosexual
Ex-Staff
Feb 16, 2018
Northeast Texas, United States
+1

• App is decent
  • Pretty chill guy
  • You've responded well to the little criticism you received.
I look forward to working with you.

Good luck.

DJ Potatoes

Normie
Jun 17, 2018
+1
Great player on server tends to follow rules to a T and I would love to see him staff

Nexo

Uncle Papa
Ex-Staff
Dec 30, 2017
Illinois
+1
Everyone else above said everything for me. This is a very good application, good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.