Rant ITS BECAUSE OF YOU MOM

RickSanchezz

Normie
Dec 20, 2018
When I was thirteen I was starting to grow breasts. One day I went down stairs in my sports gear, ready to go for a run around the town. My mum looked me up and down, specifically at my chest and said, "I think it's time we bought you a bra." No one else ever commented, just my mum. And she bought me my first ever bra.
her mum bought her a bra, she bought my sister a bra and she was buying me a bra too. I don't think she thought twice about it. Or what it meant to me.
When I was in school (I went to an all girls school), I didn't shave anything. I let it all grow wild and kept it clean. The girls in school all shaved everything. Not because boys would reject them for it, there were no boys. But they did it anyway. Even at ages 11 and 12. All the way. All of them. Everyday. Even in winter. I was the freak for not being bothered. Eventually I started when I got tired of the harassment.
Having short hair was banned at my school. Because it was unladylike. It was also compulsory to wear a skirt at all times, even during sports. We had "skorts", shorts with an extra layer over the top so they looked like a skirt. Just in case anyone wasn't aware we were supposed to be female.
It was ok for me, but for my transgender friend it was mockery.
When I was sixteen and seventeen I fell in with a different crowd. The women were a lot more liberal and bras were just not a thing anymore (unless you were doing sports). Two older women saw my body nude, and that it was neatly trimmed and shaved. And they shamed me for it. They said I didn't love my body because I cut off the hair that made me a woman. And I didn't want to grow up. And I wanted men to see me as a weak child, not a strong woman.
I went to the gym a lot during this time, and built up some strength. All the men there encouraged me and gave me advice. Most women complimented me and said it was inspiring to them. One or two girls said "Aren't you worried about looking like a man?" I wasn't. Being fit is feminine as much as it is masculine. But what's wrong with looking like a man anyway?
The whole time when I was growing up my dad never said anything about my appearance or gender. The only thing he said to me or my sister was "my daughters don't need make-up" (not "don't wear make-up" but "you don't need to") and when we dressed up he told us we looked nice. He also didn't teach us anything about how to take care of our bodies. He avoided the topic like it was going to get him thrown in prison. So I know he took the easy route. But still. He never said anything... damaging.
No boy has ever said anything to me that I felt was telling me what to be or how to take care of myself. They express opinions and preferences. But they don't enforce it on me. Women, on the other hand, older women especially, are the biggest pushers of these things.
I hate hearing feminist rants that completely neglect the fact that most stereotyping and enforcing of gender roles is done by women to women and not men to women. Like please. Stop shifting the blame. Yes some men have done some terrible things but pay attention to what women do too. You're not absolved from blame just because you're also female.

Acoustic

JJD touches me
Ex-Staff
Aug 5, 2018
F

Bobb

Natural Born Autist
Dec 4, 2017
Can't believe I read this whole thing but FeelsBadMan F

JJD

Forums Manager /s
Forums Supporter
Ex-Staff
Dec 1, 2018
San Diego
This post is from December

Slav Master

Janice From HR
Human Resources
Dec 31, 2017
Canada, Ontario
What is wrong with that
What's wrong with digging up my dead grandma from the grave? She's dead, she needs to be left at peace. Much like this dead post. Have some respect. This meme deserves to be left at peace in the grave

Nexo

Uncle Papa
Ex-Staff
Dec 30, 2017
Illinois
What is wrong with that
What's wrong with digging up my dead grandma from the grave? She's dead, she needs to be left at peace. Much like this dead post. Have some respect. This meme deserves to be left at peace in the grave
Show some god damn respect to my comrade Slav lmao.

Slav Master

Janice From HR
Human Resources
Dec 31, 2017
Canada, Ontario

Bobb

Natural Born Autist
Dec 4, 2017
No respect will be given this is now my thread

Nexo

Uncle Papa
Ex-Staff