Community Guide How to be a Non-Toxic Crayon

The Swift Potato

I’m on the highway to jeff
DarkRP - Admin
Dec 4, 2017
Chugiak, AK
How to be a Non-Toxic Crayon
I've seen so many people on many DarkRP servers, and just games, in general, being very toxic. I just wanted to explain some things so know how to NOT be toxic.

1. Just because you spend money on a game doesn't make you better than other players.
  • I've seen so many players just on |-NCBA-| showing off to players that either don’t want to or just can't donate to get rewards. If you spend some money to get a few guns that's perfectly fine, but when you go out of your way to make others feel inferior then that's crossing the line.
2. Not everyone else is to blame for your mistakes.
  • This is a major one and one that I've seen a lot of. I can't even explain how much I've seen this in games (and let's be honest, we've all done this at some point.) An example of this is when you're playing a team game, like CS:GO or Overwatch and you fail a rush on an objective. Instead of thinking about how your strategy could be improved people immediately resort to yelling at their teammates. Next time you're in a situation like this, try to think about how you may come off to others if you choose to act like this, keyword being choose.
3. When something doesn't go your way, you need to learn to accept it.
  • When someone is raiding someone's base and they fail, some people are mature and accept that and move on, but others like to adopt a vendetta against the defender of interest and forever be biased against them. what a lot of people fail to understand is that at the end of the day, its a game.
4. BE NICE TO OTHERS!!
  • This might be the most important one to remember. If you're new to something, whether it be a new DarkRP server or a brand new game, you should be nice first, as first impressions do matter. I honestly don't understand why people would join the server for the first time and immediately start being a dick to everyone. I'm gonna be honest, if you're just here to be a dick to people and put them down, then nobody wants you here.
I'll probably write more about this later, but I was bored and the Guides section seemed pretty empty, and this is all I could think of at the moment. Thanks for reading, and comment below for suggestions or additions to this post!

Last edited:

Nexo

Uncle Papa
Ex-Staff
Dec 30, 2017
Illinois
I honestly couldn't agree with you more on this topic @The Swift Potato . We need more posts like this one!

Reactions: The Swift Potato

snake

B O I
Mar 5, 2018
canada
yes

Cooki3z

???????
Ex-Staff
Dec 3, 2017
+1 swift is the least toxic person ive ever played with and i wish i could be like him 1 day he is my idol

Reactions: The Swift Potato

The Swift Potato

DarkRP - Admin
Dec 4, 2017
Chugiak, AK
-1 i dont like cooki3z being my idol i hate him he is a big meany head

Reactions: Cooki3z

The Swift Potato

DarkRP - Admin
Dec 4, 2017
Chugiak, AK
hell yea official guide biiiiiiiitttttcchhhhh

OneLonelyDog

Not a furry
Community Manager
Forums Manager
Dec 3, 2017
Instructions unclear, got my head stuck in the peanut butter jar.

Old Ben

that one kid who gives away free stuff
Jun 9, 2018
Good guide. Been trying to follow it hard since I joined the server.